Performance management is the process of creating a work environment or setting in which people are enabled to perform to the best of their abilities. A performance management system includes the following actions:
• Develop clear job descriptions using an employee recruitment plan that identifies the selection team.
• Recruit potential employees and select the most qualified to participate in interviews onsite or by remote visual interaction.
• Conduct interviews to narrow down your pool of candidates.
• Provide ongoing education and training as needed.
• Provide on-going coaching and feedback.
• Provide promotional/career development opportunities including lateral moves, transfers, and job shadowing for staff.
With all of these tips to help you develop a performance management system, you’ll find it easy to put such a system together. Staying committed and making it work is the hard part. But, you can do it. Your managers and employees will see the utility.